Interested in watching my demo reel? Just click on the image below!
My Name is Jan Piccart, I’m a Senior Compositor and VFX Supervisor based in Berlin, Germany.
Since my childhood I have a strong fascination for images and sound, which dominated my studies since the age of 16. I learned Photography from the very basics on, shooting, developing and printing images in black and white. The short films I made during my film studies were inspired by my love for apocalyptic movies, electronic music and architecture. During film school, I taught myself some visual effects skills, since no such classes were given at the time. I graduated in 2008 with a Masters degree in Audiovisual Arts and moved to Berlin pursuing a career in Visual Effects.
Born and raised in Belgium, my native language is Dutch. I’m fluent in German, English and have basic knowledge of French.
- +10 years of experience in compositing with Nuke for Feature Film
- A strong sense for the effects of photography and light
- The skill to develop workflows and find creative solutions on the fly
- The ability to assess a workload and break it down for optimal efficiency, gaining valuable time for your production
- Natural curiosity and the desire to share information with peers
- Experienced working as a Lead Compositor (30+ Shots Feature Film), including look development, problem solving, mentoring coworkers
- Experienced working as a Comp Supervisor (80+ Shots Feature Film)
- Experienced working as a VFX Supervisor (100+ Shots Feature Film)
- Confident offering planning, bidding and advise for VFX shoots
- Proven ability to work in a team maintaining tight schedules